Tuesday 9 April 2013

The Confusion is Over!

I've been involved in discussions about this on Twitter recently and it has stemmed from a fear of damaging a very expensive element in an outdoor wardrobe - The Gore-Tex jacket (or other garment).

I recently met some very nice people form Gore who told the definitive care instructions were being finalised and were very simple. So I give you - The GORE-TEX® Garment Care Instructions
It's not quite as grand a document as I expected but the facts are there. Previously I only washed mine down, inside and out, with a warm soapy cloth. I was always a bit scared to put it in the machine in case it washed the water repellancy out. It seems however the tumble dryer is what will return Gore-Tex to its former glory. The TUMBLE DRYER! From what I know it seems the techys at Gore are quite good at what they do so I'm going to give it a whirl. I'll let you know how I get on.

If anyone wants a copy of this in word or pdf format let me know and I'll email a copy over. Comment, tweet, G+ or facebook me. *shakes head as I realise the amount of social media I am now involved in*

Archive